Friday, November 10, 2006

MF, etc.

After several months of thinking about putting my savings in a mutual fund, e nasimmulan ko na rin sa wakas. My initial deposit is about 40% of my 13th month pay and I promise (hmmm) to invest in mutual fund everytime I receive a bonus. My goal is to invest at least half of my yearly bonuses. The other half would be for my "wants". My salary is for my "needs", but still 30-40% (depende sa sitwasyon) would go to my savings.

I chose Philequity Fund, Inc. because I could easily deposit through eBiz which is open up to 7PM. Also their performance is quite impressive. Although there are risks involved. Their YTD is 44.91%! Three year return: 30.23% 5 year return: 23.64%.

Today, masigla ang stock market, strong ang peso. Sana wag na mag election. Pang-gulo lang yun. :-) Pero nakakapagpakulo na ng dugo si Jose Pidal, pakiramdam ko maraming pumapasok na imported pork ngayon gawa nung mga kaibigan nya. Ang resulta, mura ang baboy sa mga probinsya kahit di naman marami ang supply sa backyard! Mahal ang manok ngayon at sa UBRA lampas 70 na ang kilo ng buhay. Good news yan kasi minsan lang yan mangyari.

Next year I hope that yellow corn's price would go back to 6 or 7 pesos. Mga buwayang byahero lang naman ang yumayaman dyan. Di naman yung nagtatanim at naghihirap na magsasaka.