Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Second Semester Classes Begin Tomorrow

I'm excited about going back to school tomorrow after a very long semestral break. This semester I would be taking four (!) animal science subjects: 3 majors and 1 elective.

I have already asked permission from my employer that I be allowed to attend my classes on work hours on every Wednesdays and Fridays this sem. The trade off is for me to come to work in Saturday mornings. Not bad.

This sem would be different from my previous because last sem my subjects were mostly unrelated to my specialization (except for one, Biochem). I was enrolled in Experimental Design, Biochem, CISM (a computer course which I really enjoyed) and Economics. Considering that I didn't have any background in econ, this is the subject that I appreciated much and since this is an econ subject that focuses on project analysis, it's very useful in my kind of work. Yup, from planning, conceptualization to analysis and evaluation of agricultural projects.

My personal acad goals this sem:
  1. Relearn the basics. This would give me fresh perspective on the cases that I handle.
  2. Learn to read faster than usual.
  3. Enhance my mental and manual computation skills. To be able to calculate fast without using a computer.
  4. To be able to make fast qualitative evaluation of RMs with just my senses.
  5. Thoroughly understand all the analytical tests being done in the lab.
  6. To ask the questions I failed to ask when I was on college. :-)