Sunday, January 6, 2008

Tip: Getting Around PPS and PPT Files

Happy new year!

I'm back from my short vacation in Palawan. I was able to gain several pounds, but the nice thing is I was able to reconnect with my cousins, some of whom I haven't met for more than 5 years! Although I'm not that close with them which is due to the distance, I feel that I "belong" when I am with them. It's a "blood is thicker than water" thing.

A trivia: Our family name has the most number of policeman in our province.

The tip:
I was sent a pps file which is a Powerpoint file which when opened would automatically go to slide show mode. In Powerpoint, it could not be opened for editing. I want to use a portion of pps file for my own Powerpoint presentation. What I did is I opened it first using Impress, the presentation software of OpenOffice. From there I was able to save that file into ppt and having a ppt file, it could now be cut and pasted to the ppt I was preparing. It’s that easy.

In pdf files, I use the print screen key for this.