Wednesday, February 20, 2008

PVMA 2008, Boracay

These photos were taken on our way to Boracay via Seair.

Some notes on Seair:
  • Their planes are not new.
  • Delays are common. Our incoming flight was delayed but I was not informed so we arrived very early for our flight.
  • I had no problem with cabin pressure.
  • The plane flies low but it's not as low as I first thought. Ten thousand feet is still high but it offers a different perspective.


Boarding the small Seair plane in Manila.


Laguna Lake Sunrise as seen from the Dornier's window.



Boracay Island as seen from the window of the plane.


We stayed in Le Soleil de Boracay which is owned by P.J. Lhuiller Co.



Le Soleil beachfront.


In D'Talipapa:


We bought some seafoods in D'Talipapa Market and had them cooked in Beach Camp, Stall # 27 D'Talipapa. Lolito Cahoncoy, 0920-677-2950.


Slippers in various shapes and sizes in D'Talipapa.


The Boracay Sea.

Other highlights of the trip:

  • We got addicted with Jhona’s Fruitshakes. We went there for three consecutive days. Their sandwiches are also OK.
  • We also tried Cocomangas shakers and jars for two nights in a row.
  • We attended the Tropical Hat Party of the PVMA just to eat. Ha ha ha!
  • The Seair crew handles baggage carefully. I checked in my Jansport laptop backpack but I forgot to tell them that it contains a laptop. But thankfully they were able to ID and put two Fragile stickers on the bag. Imagine that on another airline, I must have ended with a broken or even fragmented laptop!
  • The weather was not good during our first two days there. The sun only showed up on our third and fourth day.
  • We attempted to bike to Puka beach but the vet I’m with felt bad halfway there. Who wouldn’t, the road is all uphill. Instead of proceeding to Puka we reverted to Fairways Butterfly Garden. Being rainy, there were few butterflies. We just petted their fruitbat Mikey. Yeah, fruitbats don't bite. But their nails, if you got them scared, can create a good laceration.
  • The next day we rode a tricycle to return to Fairways to have some photos because we didn’t bring our cameras the previous day. We then proceeded to Puka via a tricycle. We paid 20 pesos each from Fairways to Puka. But going back is another thing. It turns out that the multicabs going there has an hourly schedule. Thankfully, a tricycle decided to go back to Balabag which we’re able to ride. We paid 20 again although I saw that the locals only pay 10 pesos.
  • Would I go back to Boracay again? I don't think so. I prefer a peaceful vacation. I don't like crowded beaches. I hate seeing people that I don't want to see. I would still prefer the beaches of Palawan.
More photos:


The Sleepiest Days of My Life


The Shangri La being built in Boracay which we passed on our way to Puka.



Puka Moment


And finally, the slideshow of the photos. I'm too lazy to embed them one by one.