Thursday, December 21, 2006

Six hours in LTO Tagaytay

I wasted 6 hours in LTO Tagaytay just to renew my driving license! What a waste of time. Because I really have no plan of going there, I only was able to proceed to Tagaytay at around 10AM.
  1. WINDOW 6: I asked for an application form. I was told to go to the tent outside to pay for Medical Exam and Drug Test. Katangahan, I didn't know that this is an insider set-up, that I could choose from the many clinics/labs in Tagaytay Mahogany Market. WTF!
  2. TENT: I was issued receipts for medical exam and drug test.
  3. CLINIC/LAB: I was asked to submit urine and was subjected to an irritating physical exam. Irritating because I didn't like the way the doctor (or was that a nurse?, WTF again) commands this or that. If I can only have her assasinated....
  4. WINDOW 6-7. Still confused, I handed in the application form with the attached old ID, med report and drug test result (That fast? I have no idea what happens there, total waste of money!). I was told to wait for my name to be called for photo taking.
  5. LOBBY: It was so crowded today. I stood for about 4 hours waiting for the photo call.
  6. PHOTO: Bottle neck occurs primarily in this point. Why? Because there's only one PC for photo taking. I was told to wait for my name to be called (again) for payment.
  7. WINDOW 1: Waiting time for payment was not as long as for photo. Unlike my previous transaction here, I was given the exact change.
  8. WINDOW 7: I transferred my papers to this window for the release of the license. The people manning the machine were very very slow moving (or is it the machine?) that around 30 persons are crowding around the window. I spent about 2 hours here.
If I will be the LTO Director (even for a year):
  1. I will raise fees for licenses by as much as 500 pesos to make transactions fast. This will discourage those people who don't really need licenses from applying.
  2. Or I'll make a superfast express lane with 1000 pesos fee. Para may choice. Those who value their time can file here. Those who have plenty of time to waste can go to the slow lane.
  3. I will add hardwares and use a better software for the database.
  4. I'll fire all present employees, or I'll have them assasinated!
  5. I'll hire idealistic freash grads.