Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sagada?

I'm going to Sagada next week. Thursday and Friday are non-working holidays so I filed a leave of absence for one day (Wednesday) but I changed my mind and added another day (Tuesday) to my LOA but today, it seems that I will only work half day on Monday next week.

Today, I went to Quezon City to buy a ticket for the bus going to Bontoc on Monday night. Since I'm far from the terminal because I work here in Cavite, I need to leave as early as 3 PM on Monday because the bus leaves 8:30 PM.

The bus I'm riding is Mt. Province Cable Tours. It goes directly from Manila to Bontoc which is minutes away from Sagada. It would leave 8:30 PM but the agent, Christopher Dangeo, said that the bus would be waiting for paid passengers until 9:00 PM, if the passenger would contact their dispatcher Jun (Ph +63-928-230-5330).

I was able to chat with Christopher, who chews betel nut and occasionally spits red saliva all over. He showed me their folder for bookings and I found out that their buses on Wednesday until Saturday next week are already full. I asked about accommodations and he told me to just find a house of a local that accepts tourists. That's what I plan to do. Bahala na.

Finding their station is very easy. I was able to find it even though it's my first time in that part of Quezon City. From Cavite boarded a bus to Pasay then transferred to MRT to Cubao. I looked for the jeepneys that go to Quiapo. By the way, they're the jeepneys with beautiful paintings on their sides. Before boarding, I confirmed with the barker that Trinity is on the route. After St. Luke's, the big hospital, I saw the catchy streamers of Cable Tours. They have erected a tent in front which serves as their booking office. But there's no one there when I arrived so I went to the bus where I saw Christopher cleaning.

Expenses in Philippine Pesos:
Bus fare to Pasay: 57.00
MRT to Cubao: 12.00
Jeepney to Cable Tours: 7.50
Ticket to Bontoc: 500.00
Jeepney back to Cubao: 7.50
MRT Cubao to Pasay: 12.00
Bus fare to Cavite: 57.00
Brunch: 103.00
Water: 15.00
GPass (which I would use on next week): 100.00

Total: 871.00 (That's about $21.00.)










This is in Cubao, Quezon City where I took a jeepney going to Quiapo.


The Mt. Province Cable Tours terminal. It's on the left side of the road if you're from Cubao.


There's a waiting shed in front. After the wire fence is the their office in a blue tent. Christopher was manning the bookings when I went there.


It's directly in front of Shakey's and a few meters away from Trinity. When going there use the old name of the school, Trinity College, so that you won't confuse the driver.


Beside the terminal is a Metrobank branch.