Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back From Palawan

In and out
I just came back from Palawan again yesterday. I flew in via PAL, actually my first since they cut their fares. :) It's a big difference compared to CEB. The plane departed on time and there's FREE F&B and even newspaper!

My flight back was via AirPhil because it's PAL's partner and because it has the available seat. It was THREE hours late. I was supposed to arrive at 3 but the plane touched down at 6. The plane stops in the middle of the tarmac "parking lot" of NAIA 3. We're fetched by a bus from there to the terminal, THE TERMINAL. The terminal was so big, it's ginormous! The walk to the exit is nearly five minutes. Since it's my first there, I'm glad that there are signs all over. I was easily able to find the 20-pesos-per-ride-bus that goes to my provincial-bus station.

Chao Long
Some notes about my favorite. There were some changes in the stew that they serve. The chunk of beef is now a 3 mm slice of pale beef, or is it carabeef? Even the filling of the crispy French bread has turned commercial. This is in a chaolongan in the city. The stew I found in a chaolongan in Roxas is now better. Some may have deteriorated because some chao long restaurants are now Pinoy owned. Ewan!