Saturday, March 7, 2009

Editing Stage

Yup, I'm still stuck in the editing stage. It was even harder to edit because there is no style guide to follow. I've read American Psychologist's Association Style Guide, but I don't think that this one is what they're using at the school I'm in.

At this stage I'm appreciating the "style" feature of MS Word. It's neat because in my case, every part of the paper is tagged accordingly. So, if I need to change for example all the headers (the section titles in my paper), I just need to do it once and it's automatically applied to all.

This was also very helpful in creating the table of contents, list of table, list of figures, etc. For example: I tagged all the figure titles and descriptions with "Figure". To create the list of figures, I didn't need to type again all the infos, instead: Insert>Reference>Index and Tables>Table of Figures.

My defense was scheduled last week, was postponed and I don't know the schedule now. It appears that they're not in a hurry after all. I heard that the other students thatare about to graduate are still in the data collection and writing stage.
We'll see what happens next week.



PS. Did you like the new layout?
PPS. Try the Google translator on the second column. It can translate from English to Filipino, although per word and not by context.